It's hard to say what the price of gas is here anymore. It depends where in the area you are plus the day of the week. Discount stores are overall cheaper in my neck of the woods but if I'm 6 miles away I've seen stations with the same price or less. Then there are a couple of grocery stores that offer 10 to 20 cents off a gallon at certain stations depending on how much you spend in the store.

Bottom line is if you need gas you buy it. If you need it in the right place at the right time you pay less. The only way to really save is to drive less. Fortunately for me I don't have to commute to work anymore and I very rarely go out just to go out. I try to consolidate my stops whenever I can. I may not go anywhere for 2 or 3 days. Then when I have to shop I'll go to all the stores I can stand the same day.

Have you heard the latest, maybe preferred parking for "green" cars? Give me a break! And how many people do you know who have handicapped tags for their cars who aren't handicapped? I know walking is good exercise but don't you love going to stores when it's raining or you're just plain tired that have tons of empty handicapped spaces followed by regular spots full of empty shopping carts?

Enough ranting, here's a funny story. Years ago I went to our local Walmart when I spotted my Dad who was in his 80's leaving the store. He went to his car which he'd parked in the spot marked "Employee of the Month". I asked him why he'd parked there. He said, "Nobody ever parks there and it's a good space". laugh