We are sitting at 2.99.9 and have been this week. Doing a check on Speedway's web site, Michigan City and Gary are a little less, but not by much.

While I do appreciate the beating that Margret takes buying gasoline, I do believe that much of the sudden increase in our US prices is the annual summer hosing of the public starting a bit early.

While I don't have an issue with capitalism and the profits it generates, I do believe the oil companies are into the obscene catagory and they don't give a rip. They know they can hose the public and get away with it. If Congress tries to legislate a penalty for the obscene profits they take then they will simply shut down production and make it worse. As much as the very thought pains and repulses me, I could probably support nationalizing the oil companies. . . . . Probably an even worse evil, but you just hate to see these companies screw the public to the level they do and get away with it, probably not even paying a proportional income tax due to all the breaks I imagine they benefit from.