I remember riding in my grandfather's 1939 Dodge (work car), and his 1950 Chrysler (Sunday and vacation car). Talk about safety awareness! I use to wait for him about a block away and when he would see me, he would stop the car (work car) and I would ride the rest of the way to the house standing on the running board. That would be considered driving to endanger now.

I drove numerous tractors working on a farm in New Brunswick, Canada. back in the mid 50's. I use to travel up there with my grandparents two weeks every summer. I loved helping out with cutting, raking, and bailing hay. We even did much of the work with a team of horses. (Maybe I am getting old!) The actual first car I drove (without a license) was my sister's 1956 Dodge convertible. I took it a short distance up the street and back, at age 14.

The first car I ever owned was a 1955 Chevy coupe. I bought it for $100. I then got into buying old cars, cleaning them up and reselling them a couple of times a year. I had two 55's, two 56's, four 57 Chevys, and one 58. Then I graduated into later model cars usually around three years old.

"Those were the days, my friend, we thought they would never end..."

Bob