Quote:
Curious as to the story behind your "NORTH" plate??
Once upon a time there was a rather scrapping Irish "Yute" (youth) named Bob who lived his whole life in North Attleboro, Massachusetts. Bob attended North Attleboro Schools graduating from North High in 1964 (yes, I'm old!) Bob was involved in sports and other high school activities at NAHS better known as "NORTH".

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts in all its wisdom decided to offer vanity plates at inflated fees to raise more revenue for the Commonwealth. This happend in 1965 (finally received the plate in 1966). The RMV (Registry of Motor Vehicles) took applications for vanity plates around the middle of that year. The form you had to fill out had spaces for 10 choices, if my memory serves me correctly. My first choice was IRISH (note loud rejection buzzer) but that didn't happen. I think my next choice was USA-1, then USA-2, then USA-3, then USA-4, then USA-5 (You old Chevy fans will recognize the fact that GM used to have USA-1 as a promotional plate on their new cars. I can almost hear Dinah Shore singing, "See the USA, in your Chevrolet...") Well all the USA-* plates got scooped before they got to my application, so I was awarded my seventh choice "NORTH". For the last 43+ years I've displayed that plate proudly on one of my vehicles. I still have the original green background/white letter plates I was given in 1966. You guys must remember painted plates before the reflective Scotchlite plates. I also have "R9M" on my Hemi Ram (The Big Unit), and "521" on Lorna's Envoy. I guess you can say I'm kind of a numbers guy. So as Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the rest of the story, ...Good Day!"

smile Bob smile