Quote:
So, Bob, what model year is the Crossfire? Sure is low mileage.
It's a 2005. They started offering Crossfires in 2004 but didn't do the roadster (convertible) until the 2005 model year. Then they didn't make Crossfires in 2006, but there certainly are a ton 2006's for sale on the Net, and 2007 was the last year they were made. They're not going to produce 2008's but some dealers are taking orders and the 2008 Crossfires appear at the Chrysler web site.

The Crossfire is basically a Mercedes SLK with a Chrysler body. It is made in Germany. It was put together in a combined effort of Daimler and Chrysler. I've been told those two are no longer in business together.

Most of the Crossfires listed in the high 30's to the low 40's. They were over priced and didn't sell. A lot of Chrysler employees drive them because they were offered such a great incentive package to buy or lease them. A lot of those Program cars aka Executive cars are now being auctioned off, and I think that's where this one came from. I've read where some people got as much as $15000 off of list on brand new ones.

I anxious to get it on a dry road. It really road well in the snow and having electronic traction control must have helped. I just don't dare put it through its paces when the roads aren't dry.

I love the car already, and the smile factor is definitely there. Now will the bottom line make me smile.

laugh laugh Bob laugh laugh