Quote:
Bob, Have you considered the Pontiac Solstice or Saturn Sky?
I'm considering looking at the Solstice. My dealer friend will get me whatever I want. I've seen a Solstice in his inventory more than once. They are a sleek looking roadster, to say the least. I don't recall seeing a Saturn Sky as of yet, but I'll have to take a look at that one too.

Quote:
Bob-I haven't forgotten your request. Haven't seen my neighbor the last few days (he travels sometimes for days).
No problem, Max, I'm not making the move for another month or so. I appreciate you thinking of me.

Quote:
I'd watch the depreciation on those, Bob.
I hope a good part of the depreciation is over when I purchase whatever. I'm buying used and would like to keep my spending at no more than fifteen grand. The one Crossfire my friend has right now is a 2004 with 37K on the odometer. He's listing it at $15,900 but I figure I can cut about $2500 off that list price and maybe a little more, if I decide to purchase that one.

Quote:
The Lexus 400 Convertible hardtop have been around for a while, you should be able to find a used one at a good price.
I didn't ask about a Lexus Convertible, my friend suggested it. I told him I wanted something sporty to replace my Vette. He said it would be more money but worth it. Lorna likes the idea of a Lexus Convertible after my oldest son told her that would be the car for us. There's no denying that a Lexus is a first class automobile. The thing is do I need such a classy car for a third car.

I've always felt that money has no value unless you spend it. I'm not waiting for a rainy day to spend mine. Enjoy life while you have your health! Life can be full of regrets, so don't regret things you've done in life, but rather regret things you didn't do.

No matter what I buy it will have to make both myself and Lorna smile. The "smile factor" is of the utmost importance when it comes to spending money.

I'm fortunate to have a good friend in the car business. He owns Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ford, and Chevrolet dealerships. He also has a wholesale mart that deals with many makes of foreign vehicles and luxury cars. My son was looking for a Mercedes Benz. It took one trip to visit my friend and he came back with one just a year old. He shopped every where on the Net and no one could match the price he paid.

If you would like to see some of his inventory go to www.imperialcars.com and click on preowned inventory at any one of his dealerships. If you click on the Chrysler Dealership you can find the Crossfire I may try first. It's a white 2004 coupe. The inventory at the Wholesale Mart isn't on-line. That's where he keeps the majority of the foreign cars such as Mercedes, Lexus, BMW's,and American luxury cars like Cadillacs and Lincolns. He has them all. It is truly a great place to shop.

It's fun sharing this experience with all of you. Is this blogging without a blog?

towel Bob