OK Larry, AKA Ilovehlts, I was not the person that coined the word ugliest piece in this topic, I believe that honor goes to Art, one of our illustrious Cruise Directors. I did however use these words, least liked and worst looking pieces.
You imply that I am knocking the memories that people may have or the historical significance of the genuine article, when in fact, I'm commenting on the sculpture itself!
If you new nothing about Harbour Lights and went to a yard sale and saw a Coquille River for $2.00, would you buy it? If I put 10 of your lighthouses on a table and said point to your favorite 5, would that then mean that the other 5 were the least liked? The point that I'm trying to make Larry, is that not all HLs are created equal. Forget the memories, lives saved and historcal significance, what do your eyes tell your brain about the looks of the sculpture? If you need glasses, I can recommend a good optometrist. Let the hornets fly on this one, cause the Orkin man is just a phone call away! If I have to be the Howard Stern of this forum to get peoples reactions, then so be it. Remember Larry, preference is the key word here, not ugly or hate. You of all people, know how I feel about my collection, you were there to cheer me on when I high bid on that Split Rock MI. To all..I've said my piece and rest my case. Thank You!

Caio
Brian

------------------

[This message has been edited by whizkid3 (edited 10-09-99).]