Okay, it's offical - I LOVE THIS SITE! smile In less than a week's time I have met a bunch of fellow Lighthouse Junkies, chatted about Lighthouses, found many new Lighthouse sites by your posts, and much more. This also seems to be a great site to meet people in different Lighthouse organizations and to get great ideas on visiting lighthouses. You guys are GREAT! smile Unfortunately everything seems to be happening September/October - boat trip to Delaware, boat trip to S Carolina, meetings, tours, etc.

My husband notified me last night that his work wants to send him to Detroit, Michigan at the beginning of November. Kenny has been trying to get me to quit my job and travel with him - his ploy is - "Think of all the Lighthouses you can visit while I'm at work." Trust me, it's a VERY inviting thought - not have to work, travel, and see lighthouses. Hmm!?! Anyways, Kenny asked me to come to Michigan with him - he will probably be there for a month to a month and a half - maybe even longer. Two things stop me - my job and the snow! I told him that I would take a week off work and visit him (and the Lighthouses) and he asked me when that would be.

Where y'all fit in - I was wondering if any of you Michigan LH Junkies knew of any special Lighthouse events planned for November. We have been to Forty Mile Point, the two LH's and two range lights at Presque Isle, Alpena tower, Stergeons Point, and Tawas Point (Old Presque Isle was my favorite smile ). I would like to visit a few Lighthouses I haven't seen, but I am always willing to go back to ones I've been to before. {Especially since I didn't have my Passport book when I visited those eight. frown }

Let me know if anyone knows of anything happening. I would like to stay on the eastern side of Michigan, but would be willing to travel depending on the event. Thanks for your help!

BonnieJean

BonnieJean
bjexum@floridalighthouses.org
Visit: www.floridalighthouses.org