I agree with Silverfox. I started collecting HLs about 10 years ago. I've added pieces to my collection that I have seen. I keep most in a glass display case. But I have sets of the pieces on a coffee table and end table. I usually pull out 4 -6 pieces that are ones that I have seen on my travels. When I set them out, I get great pleasure remembering my trip and the lighthouses.

Now I have four grandchildren - two are babies, but two are just about 2 years old and they like to look at the lighthouses I have out. They are careful, but you know, it's okay if they touch them because I know that I'll not be selling them to make money. Or probably selling them at all. Kelsey and Trey like to find the interesting things on the pieces like the fishing poles and boats and ghost (Do you know which HL has a ghost coming out of a keeper house window?).

I collect them and display them because I like them. Trey and Kelsey already are interested in the HLs plus they like to look at my lighthouse books.

So the point is, when I started collecting, I thought the HLs would appreciate in value --- monetary. But actually they have appreciated in value - priceless - with great memories and stories and a legacy for my grandkids.

docsweetie
From Grandkids: Aka Grandma Lighthouse