Yes, there were many of us who had to get them all. It was a difficult task but certainly easier when there were less HL's as there are today. A new collector would probably not try to get them all. There are just too many of them now.

I didn't think it then but I do now. The wise collectors were those who collected a small portion of the total offering. Some collected what they had visited. Some collected certain regions. Some collected what they liked. I collected every single limited edition made by Harbour Lights. Then I went on to purchase many duplicates at bargain prices hoping they may be worth a few more bucks in the future.

If I knew then what I know now, I probably wouldn't have tried to own one of everything. I have no regrets about what I did collect and I did manage to have them all except for the slim tower original Cape Hatteras. Even now I must have over 500 HL's in my cellar storage area. I've sold quite a few but that market has ceased to exist right now. Maybe someday the thrill will come back and there will be a market for these treasures.

smile Bob