Since we're in the FSB and open for debate, I have to ask.

How does having an 'Official Announcement' of the policy to allow HL Collectors Clubs to register early for the 3rd Reunion change the registration options available for collectors who are not in a HL Collectors Club?

There are two things I'd want to know about this new policy. One, is it going to to be the norm for future Reunions? If it is, maybe I need to join a HL Collectors Club to give myself an additional registration option next time. Two, is it going to cost me a chance to go the 3rd Reunion. No way of knowing (and therefore no reason to get upset now) until AFTER I do 'registration roulette' on October 14th, successfully complete a phone call and get told that there are no slots left.

And getting through on the 14th and finding out that there are no slots left could happen even without the clubs early registration. HLs is adamently stating that they expect every one who wants to attend will be able to. But HLs, and yes, those of us here on the Forums, really can't say. I beleive that was the expectation for the 2nd Reunion as well and there was great deal of shucking and jiving to get everyone in at the end. The Youngers changed hotels to make rooms available, winding up several miles (and lots of lost sleep) away from the main hotel and festivities. People wound up as daytime attendees and made their own room arrangements. No one knows what will happen this time around.

With so many constituencies (HLCS members, Web site readers, Forum readers, club affliated collectors, non-affliated collectors, connected collectors, non-connected collectors, etc,) it's impossible to have a good feel for how many from each group might want to attend the Reunion. If there's any one place that the pulse of all of these groups gets taken, it's in El Cajon at the HL offices.

So here's my bottom line. Do I want to attend the the 3rd Harbour Lights Collectors Reunion in Baltimore?

Answer=YES. Do what I need to do to secure a place under the current process.

Answer=NO. Kick back with my favorite beverage and enjoy the rest of my life.

Answer=YES and I'm not successful? See Answer=NO.

Rick