It is too bad that this topic has become personal to some people. First and foremost, the collection is the Youngers and they have the right to do with it as they please.

I got three pieces from this sale round and it was the first time I bought any from the collection. For me it was a great surprise to open the box and see what was there. Would any HL collector truely pass up a single digit piece if they saw it in a store? I dont't think so. It seems like people have forgotten about the joy of the hunt. Yes, you don't know what you may get, but at one time wasn't that part of the fun of visiting dealers. You never knew what you would find on their shelves.

I think folks should step back and review the certificates that came with their Founder Collection pieces. Reading that certificate makes owning a small part of the collection something very special to me. Bill has always made us collectors feel like a part of his family and his efforts to share the Founders Collection with us should be applauded. Ditto for Ligthouse Marketing for helping in making this possible.

I don't post often because I got caught in this kind of disagreement once before in the forums and decided it wasn't worth it to me to get bullied here. Everyone's opinions is just that, theirs. How it is presented is also up to the person who posts. How it is interpeted and taken is up to the person reading the posts. You can read and take the opinion for what it says or you can be offended by it. That is up to the reader. Some people speak plainly and don't strive to be "politically correct". Others are carefull to state their thoughts in unoffensive terms. In other words, everyone is different in how they do things and each of us as posters and readers in these forums need to respect how each person presents their ideas or opinions. regardless of how the words are used to do it.

Well, that is my two cents worth. It may be awhile till I post again depending on the reactions to what I have said.

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association