Quote:
Whoa - don't increase my membership fees just to subsidize your option to purchase new models. Give an annual retainer to your favorite dealer for the guaranteed right to buy or pass on new models - I'm sure he'll be happy to take your money. But don't pass this cost on to other collectors.

And if there's no committment to purchase, what's the point? It'll just skew the numbers about interest - after all if one didn't have to commit to purchse, who would say 'no'?

I assume that you're saying that you pay too much for the membership now? The idea behind this statement is to help to keep the edition sizes on the flag, edition numbers true, and these beautiful replicas from stagnating on the shelves of dealers. Not for my personal gain. They should be proudly displayed by there owners. Why make 10,000 if the feedback from the Collector's Society Members is that it generally won't sell. At the same time if there are 10,000 collectors that want them then why not make 12,000. Does anyone understand what I'm saying here? As far as "who would say no?" I hope anyone and everyone who seriously enjoys collecting Harbour Lights would falsify information regarding a customer survey. Why that's nothing short of vandalism.
I would like to finish by adding that I'm not degrading Harbour Lights in any way. Some of these comments do seem a little harsh. I have no plans on discontinuing my hobby of collecting Harbour Lights Lighthouses. It will take a lot more than a simple mistake such as over manufacturing of a couple of Lighthouses. In fact I feel somewhat guilty. I don't own either of the lighthouses that started this debate in the first place. YET.

[This message has been edited by LuvLights2 (edited 02-09-99).]