"The Year of the Unexpected"

I wouldn't expect anything less from Harbour Lights. It always seems like word leaks out on a few new releases, then BANG, three others are introduced that no one was expecting. Not a bad thing IMHO.

In regards to the early retirements, as popular as they may be with collectors, they are wrong. Unless there is a problem with an inaccuracy(ala Chatham, Coquille), mold breakage, other problem, ect.., the run should be carried out through completion. Even if it takes seven years! I feel if Harbour Lights committed to an edition size of 9,500 and has it stamped on the flag, then they should live up to their word and make 9,500. (unless there is an above mentioned problem. Slow sales IMHO is not a problem to cause early retirement.)

I think Harbour Lights jumped the gun on increasing edition sizes as high as they did, as quick as they did, and are now trying to compensate for that with the early retirements. They are on the right track with Hillsboro. Edition sizes should be lowered. Maybe not to 6,500 on all new releases (7,500 sticks in my mind) but definitely smaller than 10,000.

As John states, "no reason was given as to why" Round Island and Wind Point were retired. Whatever the reasoning and appealing as the retirements are, I hope Harbour Lights sticks with what they say. If they say 10,000 edition size, then it should be a 10,000 edition size. After all, Coquille GLOW was tabled due to something that may or may not have been said. Here we know for sure what was expected with the edition sizes of these to pieces, it is stamped on their flags.

-Todd (Hey, are Wind Point and Round Island worth even more now that they have flag errors?)