You know, I used to be in the camp against open editions and keeping the market value up for LEs. Well it seems to me that that horse has long since left the barn. There is really no secondary market to speak of for Harbour Lights and basing my collecting preferences on the hope that it might turn around is a lost cause in my opinion.

With that being said, I say it's time to have fun in my collecting and not worry about the "market" . I now buy a LLOM now and then and have OEs on my wish list. I'm a collector by nature and I love these little lighthouse statues!

I like the idea of some re-issues of older pieces in another limited run. I think there does need to be something special that sets them apart from the original though beyond a newer version. I don't thing the St Augustine regional achieved this.

I'm happy with buying and collecting a mixture of LEs, OEs, LLOMs and some LE re-issues. Maybe to me it's not so much about having a duplicate lighthouse but getting to have two unique sculptures that happen to depict the same lighthouse. If they were different enough, it's still fun collecting to me.

Anyway, that's my two cents.