I don't know if this is the right place for this, which is pretty lame considering I have been here for over 18 months...anyway...

I was looking over the HL site today seeing if any of the lights we saw on our Seaway Trail trip were available in LLOM. Somehow, there is not a single NY Great Lakes lighthouse LLOM. Go figure. So I looked in the LEs.

I started my quest in 1991. And I noticed something. The original Harbour Lights are cute, and definitely valuable. But they're also a little funny looking. There is less detail in the pieces. Within these first couple years are also all the "Major" lighthouses of the US.

Alot of people I'm sure want a Cape Hatteras or Coquille HL, but don't have the money. For the price, these pieces are extremely detailless. They are still very cute. But detailless. Today's HLs are accurate down to how many bricks there are on the tower. So I got an idea...

How about updating the LEs? Making special modernized and affordable versions of early lights. But not GLOWs. There would still be a limited run. This could allow people to get higher-detail pieces of major lights that can be displayed and more appreciated by those who have no idea what HLs are. Old favorites could be turned into new classics. The price of the new one will stay low in the secondary market for a while, as it will be newer.

I don't know...let me know what you think. I don't own any LEs, let alone early ones, but through these forums, I feel I own a little piece of every one of your's collections. Let me know what you think. That's why it's in the Fog Signal Building.