I wrote to this topic in the The Latest Models, so also see my comments there . LH Depot is without a doubt Harbour Lights biggest customer with the broadest distribution network.

Why would a manufacturer reward their largest customer? Cuz its good business thats why. Its smart to take care of your big customers. How many other dealers don't have to worry about cash flow such that they still maintain an inventory that offers Cape Meares or Brant Point or Ida Lewis Rock?

The signing event pieces are a different version of a store exclusive. For example, not every dealer had Sunken Rock or the special version of the HL banner sign.

A one off special should not prevent anyone from continuing to do business with their local dealer.

And I suspect there are many loyal collectors who have gotten something for free from Harbour Ligths including myself. Maybe not individually sent to you, but through club events, regional events, etc. I seem to recall a special Beaver that Harbour Lights gave to someone. :-)

Would I trade off a national distribution for the issuance of a very limited edition size - too small to meet the autoship quota? You betcha.

Off the estuary, off the rocky point, around the bend - nothing but FSB,

__
/im
[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 09-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 09-22-2001).]