I guess that I am one of the really strange people here - I buy and collect HLs and LHs because I LIKE them. (I know I am repeating myself from other postings, but I just felt like saying it again.) It is nice to know that some of my HLs have appreciated in value, as of this instant in time. However the next instant in time may see the value fall. So What. I did not start 'collecting' HLs to fund my retirement, which is to far away to worry about right now. I have seen too many times the value of 'collectables/collections' drop from the sky. I used to tape a home shopping show late at night for next day watching to catch the prices of Beanie Babies for a friend. We watched some of them start selling for $300-$500 each. Then they went for 5 for $300, all the way down to 10 for $100. What happened to the market there? We saw the same Beanies at toy shows for $5 each.

A personal experience - I had 10 years worth of Playboy magazines, from the early 1980's to the 1990's, that I tried to sell 3 years ago when I moved from Fl. to Mi. All the price guides said the prices ranged from $5 to $50 an issue. The best I was offered, and sold them for, was $2 an issue. The market where I lived was overloaded with old Playboy magazines and therefore they were worth nothing. It still was better to sell them than to pay to move them.

Tim - your example of the Chevy being renamed and sold in different ways reminded me of a company I worked for that really did that. A check reader/sorter for banks had hardware and software problems and sales were slow. The company renamed the model number and changed the color of the outside and introduced it as a new version. Sales jumped for awhile until the banks caught on and then they returned to "new" models for refunds. They company lost a lot of money.

I guess I have rambled on and on. So I will stop for now.

------------------
Jim

Dr. Who ?

Jim
Dr. Who ?