All good input and ideas, however, the only reason I can see to save the foam inserts is the collector's preference. There is still NO SOLID proof that the inserts are worth a hill of beans. The boxes are without a doubt worth keeping because of a potential increase in value(depending on the piece itself) but somehow paying monthly rental on a storage unit or filling a useful room or garage with a bunch of boxes and foam does not play out in my mind. I would much rather take the $30-$40 storage fee for a rental unit and put it towards buying another lighthouse. I would also much rather use the rooms in my house to live in or put my car in the garage rather then take the room to store these foam inserts. Again it's all in the mind set of the collector whether they save the inserts in the boxes or flip the inserts in the trash and fold the boxes up. I myself have over 300 boxes folded up in 5 rubbermaid containers in the garage and guess what? I still park both my cars in there and even have room for my lawnmowers. Also, with no room space wasted saving foam inserts in the house I even manage to have the room to display all 300 lighthouses.

Rich