I tend to believe that the "lighthouse craze" is over. Harbour Lights just happened to have the right product at the right time. But the market is well oversaturated with lighthouse products, even Harbour Lights products and most serious collectors have run out of room.
Really, how much lighthouse stuff does one acquire and still enjoy it? Have you ever been to the Lighthouse Depot in Wells Maine? It is absolutely overwhelming. I am really into lighthouses and have been for almost 15 years now, especially Hudson River Lighthouses and have a whole room devoted to Hudson River Lighthouse stuff ( old and new) and another room dedicated to other lighthouses stuff. I simply don't have room for any more lighthouse collectibles, especially new stuff. I have a lot of old lighthouse stuff, including photos, lighthouse service bullitins, newspaper articles, prints, and all kinds of other things with no place to display them. I have over 2500 antique lighthouse postcards. Again I ask, just how much can one collect? Sooner or later one says enough is enough and gets "very selective" as to what one buys and I believe that is what is happening to the market today. At least that is true with this collector.