When we started collecting Harbour Lights in 1996 we went at it like gangbusters. This went on for about 3 years and then some things changed. Our local dealer was bought out by another company and dropped the line. Another local dealer went out of business. The dealer in our town is not on autoship and will only order a piece if a request is made. They also think they know more about Harbour Lights than they actually do and this eventually irked me to the point that I no longer patronize their store. My dealer now is about 25 miles away and is one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

My interest in Harbour Lights is still there but we now have 2 daughters in college so my "priorities" have changed in a big way. With tuition and books and the normal house upkeep and such there just isn't the spendable money for the collectibles like there used to be. We do still pick up an occasional light but not like before.

Maybe when the kids are taken care of we can catch up on all the pieces we are missing not to mention more room to display them as we can turn one of their bedrooms into a "lighthouse" room.

Tom