One issue not discussed is this 2+ year "recession" we have been in. For me I dropped out of autoship because of the impact the economy has had on my income and the increase in the number of LE's rel;eased each year. I even had to sell a lot of my LE's in order to get the ones I had been to since I decided to focus on those for now. Ask any gift shop. They all are hurting right now. As evidenced by how many we have seen that are closing. Its not only the Harbour lights that are less popular. I think you will find all collectables are feeling the pinch.

Combine a slow economy with over production (10,000 edition sizes), increased number of releases each year and the space in the curio issue stated before and you have a strong formula for a decline in sales. I think Harbour Lights has seen the handwriting on the wall so to speak and has done a good job in reducing the production numbers.

The Glows and LLOM don't realy impact the LE maket that much for the true collector, as far as Harbour Lights is concerned. The hard to find LE's are already money in their pocket so they don't care if someone buys a glow instead of a revised Cape Hatteras. In fact they would rather that they buy the GLOW, because its more money in their pocket. The "true cololector" who can afford it will find the LE pieces they want. They will buy the new releases they want and the GLOW probably will only be a rare addition if an addition at all to their collection.

Once the economy picks up and people feel comfortable spending for nonessentials, the LE market will pick up too. imho.

Dale