I truly love these discussions. They're the main reason I first joined the Forums. I tend to be of the same opinion as Dave. I buy the lights that I like. I also buy them out of the sheer joy that I get from collecting them, and visiting them. I know we've touched on this before, but I could care less what my collection is worth. To me it's invaluable. If HLs comes out with a GLOW, and I like it, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. I don't believe it will diminish my collection. Anyway, not to get too far off the discussion at hand. If Harbour Lights made everything of the same style, they would not have the incredible following that they now enjoy. By changing things up every so often, there's a good possibility that they'll attract an even stronger following. They may attract a few first time customers with a new style. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I really don't think there are many one time only HL customers. If Minot's Ledge turns out to be a flop, and nobody buys it, I'm sure they'll think twice about sculpting another light in that mold. That doesn't appear to be the case, though. There seems to be a good number of people interested in seeing Old Minot's Ledge. Personally, I don't really like the looks of it. But I'd rather HLs try new designs once in awhile, than just go with whatever sells. Who knows, next time they try a new style, maybe I'll really like it. I don't want to miss out on that as a collector. Do you?

Jared