I don't know if anyone else finds irony in this...but this topic was originally "about" Harriet Myers and the right-wing opposition to her. Since then, she's stepped down and we have a new nominee, but this topic is continuing, albiet on a different tangent. Not that there is anything wrong with our discussion, I just find irony in it.

The overwhelming opinion is that politics should be kept out of the forums. I opine, as mentioned before, that it definitely should. Maybe a little, flameless thread during presidential elections and the like, and of course, discuss it when it relates to lighthouses, but otherwise, I think that it will just cause division between us and eventually topple our forum.

If you really look hard, you can find my opinion on the subject of politics. I know that there are several (and probably many) other members here who have a radically opposite view. I know that that is what they believe, and what they feel, but since we havn't gone into detail about it, I can still read their posts and talk to them otherwise, and not think "{political party!} {political party!} {political party!}"

Of course, this entire topic was started by a member who has seemingly not appeared here since. 10:1 it was a spam post. But I think it has confirmed the opinion of the general membership that we should have a "separation of lighthouse and state."