HL now has to ration the second tier. Otherwise, they are going to run out really quick, and that will be that. There will have to be a balance of the two in each release, with the third tier slowly taking over.

But people don't want to buy the third tier lights. They've never heard of some of them. They aren't always the most attractive lights. And that's why people aren't buying.

Think about it. When was the last time you saw an edition size of 5000+? Last time I remember was one year ago, with the new '04 releases. Too many of those 5000+ editions, which we once thought of as the smallest possible, are still sitting on dealer shelves.

If I walk into the Hallmark in my town, which is my local dealer, you can see a glass case of HLs prominent in the front of the store. Cardboard cards with Mark Sherman paintings of Cape Hatteras are clearly visible, albiet faded, through the store windows.

Yet, in the past year, probably none of these pieces have moved except for when I "visit" them while buying greeting cards. I am probably the only person in my town that even knows what HLs are. Or at least one of the few. Hey, I havn't seen anyone else from here as a member of this forum.

Okay, posting this so as not to lose it. Next up: "Facing the truth."