Here's my 2 cents on this with my limited experience in this whole area. I believe that Bill and his buds should go after the EVIL dealers that are not holding up their end of the contract with HIS company. There are way to many new releases of OE's and LE's on ebay for them to be collectors after the secondary market. They could only be Dealers looking for the quick sale at reduced prices or in some (rare) cases more profit. An example, the OE of Liberty that went for $80+ (I think). Get rid of those EVIL dealers and that should help the market out a lot. There is no substitute for an honest dealer you trust. I believe that these EVIL dealers are the one who are doing the greatest damage. Because of this undercutting of the SRP, it's the honest dealer who get hurt. It's the EVIL dealers who are causing the market price to drop and forcing the honest dealers to compete for limited $. In some cases the GOOD guy's need to do something drastic to save their business. Don't get me wrong, I have bought (twice) RETIRED pieces on ebay at above list. In each case it was from a dealer who had put some LE's away for just that purpose. However, I don't think this makes an EVIL dealer the pieces were retired and the dealer took a chance on what will fly and what will not. But, what about the dealer who holds some of his stock for sale later on the secondary market? I have bought a retired piece (HL110) on the web (not ebay), that I found on a slow day at work. I was looking at HL dealer web sites that I found using the Harbour Lights search engine. They were holding the Yaquina piece, with several others of the original 17 to sale on ebay at some point in the future. By holding pieces in stock are they effecting the secondary market? I don't know, but one thing I am sure of, get rid of the EVIL dealer.

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon

bigdragon