Ok, Tim,

Let's get to basics. Econ 101 / supply and demand.

1. Why the discoumt? Low demand. Too many LEs of a type. A blend of desire to have and numbers produced.

4000 Panama Canal. Desire down because of location, correct? Not a real crisis on obtaining pieces, correct?

9500 Sanabel. Popular tourist location. New type model. Desire up because?

Eddystone? Who knows. Does nothing for me and this is a 10 year piece. Disappointing to me.

I am glad '97 was a heavy production year. Enabled me to get a late start.

The size of this production operation of late has the tendancy to reduce the number of persons collecting all pieces. Catch up close to impossible without discount.

Price controls do not, I repeat, do not work in the government sector. If the production is too great, they won't work here either. I mean look at energy costs in California and the rolling brownouts because of government intervention. It is a matter of pure economics. Pure and simple.

If Harbour Lights can control production to match sincere collector's demand, they will continue to produce quality collectibles that enable them to make a profit. If on the other hand, they become greedy, their life expectancy will be short in the 21st century.

I do collect because I love what I obtain. One of a few. Regulation of prices without following tried and true economic pricipals will only fail.

Let's here from other new and old collectors!

Just the way I see it IMHO.

Moby

Moby