Since HLs will be funding the Reunion and Regionals I assume, I think it should be their decision on where they are held. I agree with Daniel in that they should be held in areas where the majority of collectors reside or within short driving distances of where they reside.

There are not many people that can afford to take long trips with the price of gas or pay the cost of airlines tickets round trip for 2 or more people in today's economy or even next year's economy. Additionally there is the cost of the hotel rooms, additional eating expenses, additional touring expenses, etc. I would conservatively say that a Reunion on the West Coast would cost the average couple between $2500 to $3500 with no frills added in. You can probably add in another $1000 for frills and this is if it isn't a cruise. If it's a cruise I will conservatively figure between $5000-$6000 with transportation to and from the departure point and with the frills added in for a couple of two.

This cost does not compute in my military mind with everyone complaining about the cost of gas, heating oil, electrical costs, unemployment, potential loss of jobs, pay cuts, etc. Several 1-2 day regionals(West Coast, Great Lakes and Middle Atlantic) should cover about everyone that is interested in going. Those that have the resourses to go to more then one, feel free to float your boat (or your credit card) and go to them if you can. I guess you might call me an old stick in the mud from my military days in that I always had money in the bank to pay for an unexpected transfer, catastophy, etc. Now that I'm retired I still think the same way, and even though I could afford to spend the money for a West Coast outing, why do it when a East Coast Regional could be just as much fun if it was set up correctly. The great majority of your collector base is located east of the Mississippi I assume so why not have a couple of nice Regionals on this side and also have a nice one on the West Coast.

That's my logic on the Reunions vs. Regionals. To this end, I would not go even if I could because of Amy's severe back condition that will not allow her much travelling or sleeping in strange beds so whatever happens is fine with me. I just wanted to put my input into this topic. The one thing that I think would be fair to Tony and HLs is if you REALLY PLAN ON GOING AND NOTHING CAN STOP YOU FROM GOING, YOU NEED TO LET TONY KNOW YOUR VIEWS. If your just daydreaming about this trip and the chances of you going is 50-50, let Tony know this also so he can mentally put this in the back of his mind and not count on you as a definite. If your like me, tell him straight off that there is NO WAY JOSE that you will attend. These are my thoughts on the subject and should not be taken any other way.

Rich