Ok, ok ... looks like I need to use all my fingers to type this one. No doubt I'll end many sentences in prepositions.

Quote:
Let those who don't want a SofL pledge not to buy it.

Excuse me John, but this sort of taunt is a bit weak. Taint a matter of 'more for the rest of us'. Tis a matter of what HL spends their not unlimited resources on. They can make only so many. Several folks think maybe they shouldn't release as many models in a year as they have been. Tis a matter of priorities.

Quote:
... it casts out and extra message, and extra light, touching each and every anxious face, young, old, rich, poor, it tells them that they are free, and liberty is theirs for the taking.

I was a bit surprised it took so long to get this type of response. Touchy subject, this. No doubt for some folks, arguing against the SOL is like arguing against warm cookies and milk. Who could forsake such an American symbol for a crusty backwater lighthouse few people have heard of?

Answer the following question: Tell me the lighthouse you don't want modeled, which HL would otherwise judge worthy of making in Y2K, so you can have the SOL Smiley piece?

You don't want:
- Ship John Shoal?
- Au Sable Point?
- Isle of Shoals?
- Rock of Ages?
- Saddleback Ledge?
- Whitefish Point?
- Detroit River Light?
- Eldred Rock?
- Cape Hinchinbrook?
- North Point?
- Sodus Point?
- Ft. Gratiot?
- Matagorda?
- Lydia Ann?
- Boca Grande?
- American Shoals?
- Arecibo?
- Ft. Jefferson?
- Cape Charles?
- Kingston?
- Coney Island?
- Esopus Meadows?
- Baker's Island?
- Duxbury Pier?
- Doubling Point?
- Mount Desert?
- Port You Get The Idea?

In reply to Jake and the unrepentent JC :-) I'll unrepentently quote myself:

Quote:
The history and magnificence of the Statue of Liberty is in no danger of getting lost in time - sadly thats not true for many work-a-day lighthouses. They deserve sculpting more than SoL.

Shine on Brightly,
__
/im (nary a crib among 'em )

[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 02-14-99).]