I used to sell a lot of stuff on eBay, and I think I'm going to have to start again to get rid of some vintage clothes (rather than throw them out) and 1900's magazines. It is an interesting hobby if you have nothing better to do, but it isn't really a money maker.

It is a PITA as some people will bitch and complain no matter what you do. I had some mustard seed earrings, and the buyer complained that she could hardly see the mustard seeds. Well duh - that's the point.

People do not want to pay anything for shipping or they say they will only pay actual postage, and they don't want to pay for the packing materials or insurance. They they get mad is something is lost or damaged.

I used to accept checks, but the problem with checks is that the bank will deposit the check and will tell you that it has cleared and it can still bounce up to 10 days later. If you wait, then the buyer complains that you are late shipping. I've even had a buyer return a package to me because I didn't wait for her check to arrive.

I also used to accept money orders, specifying that they had to be USPS money orders. And buyers ignored that and would send money orders from other places. The reason I specified USPS is that I can cash them when I mail the package, and they will give me the change in cash. Other types money orders have to be deposited at the bank and wait to clear and it means either a stamp or another trip to town.

I specified that I would only ship in the USA, and some twit from Australia bid on an item and was highly indignant when I refused to ship it to her and reported me to eBay as a non-selling seller. And then I couldn't resell the item because the other bidders had lost interest.

So now I only take PayPal.

When I buy via PayPal it comes out of my checking account and not out of my credit card.

For personal accounts, I pay by check on-line. I do have an ATM card but have only used it twice to see if I could. I do not have an iPod.

I'm settling my mom's estate and I find it frustrating because they won't let me pay bills on line or access the accounts on line for the estate. They say it is a business account and I can't do that. It's been so long since I actually wrote checks - it's so much easier to do it on line.