I think Rick makes a very valid point, buy what you like. I will take that one step further and say, just be sure of what you are buying.

I agree with Paul as well. I think time will tell the value of re-moulded GLOWS, or for that matter, GLOWS in general. I know that I have seen more than once, the original GLOW Barnegat selling for around $100.00. I have also recently seen some sitting on dealer shelves at retail, right next to the re-moulded brother. Taking that information into account, there is either one or more of the following taking place: One, there is demand for the original mould, driving up the price. Two, there are uninformed purchasers who do not realize that there is still availability at retail, or three, someone purchasing the the GLOW mistakenly thinking they are getting a good deal on the LE. I am sure there are more factors to consider, but this is a starting point and as previously stated, time will tell.

FWIW, I disagree with the statement that GLOWS are "collectables" While people may collect them, that, in my book anyway, does not make them "collectables". GLOWS are intended as giftware and that is just what they are. I agree that the newer GLOWS are beautiful pieces and I hope they serve their purpose well. I am sure they look good in the curio and that people get a lot of enjoyment from them, but for me, I don't feel as though I am missing out by not adding them to my collection.

I would also like to thank HL for donating some of the money from sales of the GLOWS to the preservation of these lighthouses. My hat is off to you for taking such an active role in lighthouse preservation.

I do have two GLOWS in my collecton. I received the original Barnegat GLOW as a birthday gift, and I bought the Tybee GLOW as a reminder of what hard work, dedication, and effort can do, when people put their time and money toward a common cause. In this case, the restoration of Tybee and the push it received from the members of the Harbour Lights Collectors Society.

GLOWS ain't all bad, they just ain't for me.

-Todd