John, thanks for the e-mail. It really hit home, as I am one of the "lurkers" who has not been actively posting. I still brouse the site several times times a week and enjoy the information here as much as the first day I signed on.

Sometimes life just gets in the way. I still am also very active with my motorcycling passion and have now added a "crotch rocket" to my stable of Harleys. A new promotion at work has also occupied more time - work really is a "fun govenor". Enough excuses.

This site has provided me with valuable information as a new HL collector, keep me informed as to lighthouse activities, and most importantly introduced to a multitude new fiends.

I've loved lighthouses as long as I can remember, growing up with a view of Big Red from my bedroom window - but I just discovered HL about 3 years ago. My first goal was to collect all of the Michigan ligthts, then all of the Great Lakes lights. The lightships were cool too, so I needed all of them. The first Fresnel came out about the time I started so of course I need all of them. Well, as many of you know - things get out of hand, and now I can not find place to display all of them.

BUT, back to the subject. I still find the Forum a good place to be and if particitation is down, blame it on the economy or peoples busy lives - NOT something wrong in your efforts John.

I'll try to contribute more in the future, but please don't consider shutting down. I'm sure if Gary is willing, and you offer another fund raising print it will still be recieved as well as last year. I missed out by being too slow and would like another chance.

John, I appreciate all of your hard work to keep this going along with Paul and all the others who put so much effort into keeping it vital.

Best regards, and a big THANK YOU.
Roger