I don't believe there is a problem here. I belong to another forum of completely different interest, and it is funded through donations, and memberships. Although if one doesn't have the funds, they are still welcome to participate.
Many times you won't hear from someone unless a familar topic comes up that they know much about, want to know more about, or can give some sort of cyber support.

I like to read the Forums here to stay current with each others lives, their trips, their hints on lighthouse hunting, and genuine friendship. I have never met so many kind people than here on this forum. And...yes, I have sold HL lighthouses here, for which I am very grateful to the buyers. But, that wasn't the soul reason for being here.
We are a diverse group; living all over the U.S., and have many, many different ideas, collections, problems, family situations, and many of us have very little time anymore.

I think we are doing a fine job here, and for those like myself who do not talk much, it's ok not to. Don't feel threatened to post.

For those of you who do post a lot, I hope you keep it up, because I am sure entertained.