I've been following all the comments being "aired" under this topic. I must admit I'm quite surprised that some people feel they've been "shunned" at times. Personally, I don't ever recall that happening. I do remember a few years ago, one former(?) registered member really got ticked-off over something and was really looking for some sort of verbal confrontation but I don't recall it coming to that.

This is not a "good old boys" network/forum. Perhaps some people misconstrue some posts and take them out of context. How would they define "good old boys" (this applies to good old girls too!)? Would it be the people who have done nothing but good and have continued to come back time after time to try to peak the interests of those who stop by to read what is available?

I read a pointed remark about placing ones breathing apparatus in another persons tail pipe. I must say that is not a fair statement and should be stricken from the record, your Honor!

I read a couple of remarks about Harbour Lights and their owners that were less than favorable. I don't consider that fair either. We as collectors support the company, but we don't own it. We tell them what we are interested in, and by golly, our wishes are often transformed into reality. But we can't tell them what not to do to survive in a sluggish collectible economy.

Think what you will and share your thoughts but don't knock the Youngers. If all the companies in the world were as kind, caring and generous as that family, there would be no sluggish economy. Many of us would have liked to see them just stick with limited edition lighthouses, but like the many other businesses, they need to branch out to survive.

If Harbour Lights was to close its collectible lines of merchandise tomorrow, I would still forever have the great memories of the good these people have done and the comradery they have fostered amongst people all over this great country of ours, and in some cases, the world.

Okay, now it's your turn to vent!

:p Bob :p