Is the world perfect? Not even close..... but it's a great place to live ain't it???
I don't think the Forum is perfect. But I wouldn't be quick to change anything because I might make it worse.... and you wouldn't want that.
I enjoy checking into the forum weekly and sometimes more often than that and reading up on what's going on. I don't post because I don't have anything to say. Most of my lighthouse knowledge and information about events has come from this site. For which, I thank the people who do post. Yes some of them are a bit "windy" but most of the time are informative.
My collection of LH has grown over the 100 mark but I have had to slow down because of $$$ reasons. But I still watch the forum and Ebay for deals you just can't pass up. I mainly try to get the ones I've seen. With exception of the Xmas piece which I haven't gotten yet. I used Xmas money to pick up Ocracoke.
Things I miss..... Notification of the HL chats. Ive seen acouple but I always see them the day after or whatever reason I just miss it. But I haven't been in on a chat for some time now.
Another thing I miss is the lighthouse puzzles that was on the Forum. I know it was alot of extra work and I didn't know any of them so I never sent in a guess to which one it was cause I didn't have a clue. confused ... even with the clue he gave with the puzzle.
Some have asked for a Marketplace of Lighthouse related items such as other brand of LH and books and such but that idea has been declined. If this site is not affiliated with HL and the Youngers, then what's the harm? Have 2 Marketplaces... one for HL pieces, and the other for other stuff.
Well, that's the only thing I'd change.
Cant' smell the salt air from Kentucky but I really enjoy the stories and information from this forum.