A long time ago we checked out the forum frequently and did some posting. I did most of the browsing and posting since the collection actually started as "mine" and then went to "ours". I had the same feeling others have expressed about not being "part of the gang" and that feeling is carried over at reunions. We did make it to one. I think that's a normal happening for people who are getting to know each other and spend more time together - even on the internet. Any new person on the block has to keep at it to become a "part of the gang." I didn't have time to do that.

Since retirement and moving to a smaller home this past year, we've had to stop getting lighthouses. That was a hard decision since we always got the same number. Can't display all that we have now. Even though retired, we still both work 3 days a week, and I have quilting as a second love. We don't have any lighthouse groups around us so I belong to 2 quilt guilds and work very hard for them. That doesn't leave much time for surfing on the web.

Does it mean that we don't love lighthouses, no way! We have other priorities for our time. I do come back to the forum once in a great while - especially if I'm looking for some information about a lighthouse. If you think you are helping get lighthouse information out there, keep at it. It's always been a great place to come to see what's happening in the lighthouse world.

Kathy