I had stopped responding on this thread mostly because as both Bill & Tim pointed out we have stated our positions and basically agree that we're not going to be swayed by the other's points. I can accept that.

I feel the need to respond to the Mall story.

I wonder how consistent they are with this policy- do they ask people wearing shirts for or against any issue to take them off, leave or be arressted?

If they feel a shirt advocating Peace is objectionable do they also feel that one advocating War is objectionable?

Do they make people wearing Flag t-shirts leave as some (even some responding to this thread) feel that is objectionable?

I think this policy is ludicrous. I can see requiring a group making an active demonstration and interfering with the normal operation of the Mall's business being asked to leave or be arrested, but the idea of a lone citizen (or even just a lone human being) making a statement of their beliefs is going too far.

I suppose that there would be some shirts that could legitamitely be described as too much for a public place like a Mall, but the one described does not fit that description. At least in my opinion.

I wonder if the Mall Management went to the stroe in the Mall that sold the t-shirts and made thme stop selling those shirts- or did they tell them to give their customers a warning that it was not allowed to wear the t-shirt in the Mall- only buy it. Wouldn't want to lose a sale.

I applaud the gentleman who stood his ground and refused to remove the t-shirt.

What's next someone deciding that no Lighthouse t-shirts are allowed to be worn. laugh

Dennis