Tim,

I should not have addressed that previous post to you. Only a portion of it was meant as a response specifically to you.

I got started and more words came out. I should have gone back and changed the heading. I did not mean to say you stated that aspect of this thread.

I do apologize for that.

I do not for any other aspect of my posts. Thia next part is not specifically to you Tim.

The problem with this thread is that it's one of those areas where it's next to impossible for people to see the "other" side, if there is such a thing.

We all are stating a basic reverence for the Flag of our Country. We just disagree on how the Freedoms it has kept for us can be expressed.

I fel that because the flag is such a powerful symbol of those Freedoms that it can be nesacarry that it be used when one is expressing displeasure with the direction that the Leaders of this Nation are taking.

The fact that people use the Flag underlines the fact that they themselves actually hold it to be as important as those who feel that it should not be used in such a manner.

It is not in my opinion acting disrespectfully to the Flag- is is actually being respectful of what it stands for.

This is why I stated the concept of the "other" side in the way I did. I don't think that there is that much difference in either side at it's base.

Again, this of course is just an opinion. I want to strongly state that I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who have served our Country in and out of the Armed Services.

Dennis