Quote:
No one ever is interested in trades but we didn't know that.
I've done some trading in the past. It works well when you have two parties that possess something the other party needs for their collection. It also works well when a party needs a particular piece you have and they offer you an opportunity to swap one HL for more than one HL. Some folks could care less about one particular piece and jump at the opportunity to get a two (or more)-for-one trade. Most of this is calculated by retail value when new, i.e. I paid $75 for a piece and someone else wants to give me three pieces that retailed for $75 each. More than likely, the person swapping three HL's for one wanted HL bought those three at a discounted price at a store closing or on eBay.

Quote:
We don't do eBay so we'll probably just use them for donations.
That's a very honorable thing to do! Ebay prices are up and down more often then a toilet seat in a single seater restroom. The only pieces bringing good prices are the older more rare HL's. The newer more abundant pieces only sell if it's a real bargain.

Currently I'm still stockpiling as many HL's that I can get for reasonable prices. I'm picking up some very popular pieces from the past which I hope the resale of will generate at least a small profit and make another collector happy. Time will tell!

smile Bob smile