I feel you hit the nail on the head, Saint Runamuck. Whether it be a collector's club or a social club, Harbour Light Collectors are a nice bunch of people who share similar interests and seem to get along just fine.

I don't forsee the secondary market making a quick rebound in the near future. We may see secondary prices rise in a few years but only if we somehow recruit new collectors and teach them the value of certain pieces. It is doubtful that an apprentice HL Collector will ever be able to emass the fortune of a complete collection. Although a complete collection from scratch is not out of reach for some people, it can be quite a financial burden. Then where the heck do you put them all?

Many collectors, much like myself, are in the "force of habit stage". Although we are running out of room to store pieces and boxes, and display our treasures, we continue to purchase each new LE as they are released. Why would someone want to pay $75-$80 for something they take out of the box to inspect then put away in storage knowing that the $75-$80 they spent may only be worth half that in the future? "Force of habit", I guess, or maybe we should be shouting, "I BELIEVE!" (or something like that...)

smile Bob smile