Perhaps the quality and consistency of the new pieces has become expected and no one piece stands out from another. There are only so many new innovations that can be introduced.

I just refreshed my memory of what has been introduced as the second-half releases for 2004: Raspberry Island looks nice;, Mahota Pagoda will never be a lighthouse in my mind and more than likely will end up next to the Colossus of Rhodes still in the box in my cellar; Craighill Rear Range looks great on paper and has a different look about it...could be a WOW; Alpena Michigan has too much sailboat in the picture and appears to be a plain-Jane; Northwest Passage is a slightly different version of a screw-pile light and my first concern would be how many of those flag masts on the back of the boat will snap off; New Presque Isle looks nice but is the typical HL lighthouse which is a fair and accurate representation of the real thing.

Bob doesn't do GLOW's anymore, even though the GLOW's are better than ever. Bob doesn't do Skybound balloons and has no interest in such a thing. Bob does do Anchor Bay and the long awaited USCG Eagle might be a welcome addition to the AB collection. I say "might" because I haven't seen the real piece yet.

By the way, Cuckolds Maine, the Society Gift, is a definite WOW compared to previous gifts.

Another country heard from!

smile Bob smile