As a new collector I thought I would chime in on this subject again. I have gone for LE's old and new for the most part since I started collecting last Nov. That includes Yaquina Head (HL110), you see I have a goal of getting the original 17 at some point. We all have goals that we have set for our collections. This includes not only what we want to see in our collections, but also what we want to spend in order to get there. I will look at price but that will only be a small part of the whole picture. The LE's between Yaquina Head and the more recent editions will be evaluated on a case by case basis as to how they will fit in my total HL display. Now GLOWs vs LE's I tend to go for the LE's because of possible future value. But that is not the only requirement. Case in point, there are two examples of GLOWs that I find better than the LE's. They are the Tybee and Sanibel GLOWS. I like them much better than the LE so I will eventually get the GLOWs at some point in the future. But, before I buy the GLOWS, I will get the LE's that appeal to me first. In the end GLOW, LE, or LLOM each person must like what they have because, as in my case it is not all about money. These harbour Lights are nice to look at and they all have an interesting history to read about, old and new alike.

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon

bigdragon