Digger: >>My favorite light "Old Mackinac Point" for example, the LE in no way resembles the real thing but the GLOW is an exact replica so I bought it. <<

Digger, I think we have different lenses. Old Mackinac Point was my first HL and my view is just the opposite - the colors on the GLOW look cartoonish to me.

Rick: >>You and the others are right in that there needs to be a substantial difference between the GLOW and the LE. That is the wild card. We don't know what might have been.<<

If Split Rock and Marblehead were any indication of how HL saw that issue back then, it looks to me like both are very similar to their LE counterparts, as are the other lights in the GL Stamp series. So similar that they became LEs and no one blinked.

And yes recent GLOWs are almost indistinquishable from LEs. I realize HL has said fewer outbuildings on GLOWs, but there are many LEs with no outbuildings. The price is close, the quality is the same. The vast edition sizes of 10,000 might as well be Glows.

HL can't bring themselves to produce an inferior quality product. So what's left is size and price. They can ask themselves - if we were to price GLOWs at half the cost of the LE, what size can they be?

__
/