I have a thought. GLOWS were brought out to allow individuals to buy a remembrance from visiting the lighthouse or for the occasional purchase by a non-collector if a lighthouse had a sentimental memory. The GLOW was not meant to be incorporated into the LE collection of the real collector of Harbour Lights. This has not been what is happening. The GLOW has taken the place of the LE for a great portion of the collectors and has greatly hurt the value of the original LE. It has also been one of the causes of the glut on the shelves of dealers along with overproduction of LE for a short time.

Now that the overproduction of LE is being corrected by smaller edition sizes, let's do away with the GLOW altogether and let the LLOM take their place. The LLOM line is truly what the GLOW was originally intended to be: a gift or remembrance piece for the tourist or non-collector. Who knows, maybe with the deletion of the GLOW line, the number of LE production could support an issue of 10,000 pieces, however, I personally don't think so since I feel that only about 1,500-2,000 dedicated collectors are out there. No proof of this number, just a gut feeling.

My true feelings on GLOWS are they are bad for the company. Maybe there is a place for them, but, I don't see it other then to reduce the demand for the LE. If we had never had them introduced I'm sure the LLOM line would have happened sooner for the non-collector/tourist purchases. Just give me an ugly old Ponce Inlet or Nubble LE over the new and shiny GLOWS anytime. On with the LE line and LLOM line and down with the GLOWS.

Rich

[This message has been edited by flacoastie (edited 01-28-2002).]

Rich