I started too fast... My first H-L's were GLOW's - W. Quoddy, because it was neat, and New London, because I passed by it coming and going to sea while in the USN. Of course, the little souvenir shop had a sale, too. Then, I went nuts....

I found this site - and, an offer for a bunch of H-L's on the cheap from a member fairly close to me. It became an obsession. Sadly, said member had bought a large shop's stock - an early indication of things to come. I found more 'closeout' sales... I bought everything I could find... and only a few were at list price.

I had entered the 'hobby' as it waned locally... shops were closing - or, at the very least, dropping H-L's. Nothing new in or near Birmingham, I had to resort to mail order.

My interests dropped suddenly well over a year ago when I realized how much space these items had taken... I had over two hundred, including LE's, GLOW's, and AB's. Now that I realize what I spent on them, I am further shocked. I removed ~30 last year from my shelves, and another batch earlier this year - I missed the books that had occupied the shelves more!

Oh sure, I still love lighthouses - and lightships. I just need to 'rethink' this collecting... center my interests on the Southeast - or add the East coast? Hmmm, maybe just Alabama?? How do you 'Keep The Faith' - and the interest - when you have reached this level of 'burnout'? I have even considered a 'package deal' of everything... is my answer simply 'E-Bay'??

John