(I would like to thank Bruce for bringing up the idea for this topic)

Does anyone else cringe when they see a price tag stuck to their about to be purchased HL? No, no, I don't mean the cost of the item and the effect it will have on your budget. I mean that sticky little piece of paper that when removed, will leave a little residue as its mark forever on your valued piece.

I've seen price tags stuck on labels, stuck on the felt, and stuck on exposed areas of the HL itself. Some are easily removed leaving just a hint of dust collecting adhesive. Some are not so easy to remove and their presence will always be with your HL forever.

Collectors who deal with a business on autoship are usually spared from this attack on a fine collectible. Collectors who make their purchases from merchandise on display are not quite so luck.

Lets face it, sticky price tags are a pain in the backside. You can remove residue with a product like "Goo Gone", but I don't think I would want to use that on a fine collectible.

I guess it's just one of those frustrating things you have to put up with when buying items at most retail stores.

Any feelings on this subject?

Bob