The 'Collector Forums' have been the 'Collector Forums' since they were 'opened' about May 14, 1998. They did have the logo name "www.LighthouseKeepers.com" above the words "Collector Forums". The reference to 'www.LighthouseKeepers.com' was dropped when Harbour Lights asked me to create an 'official site' from my 'Harbour Lights Collectors Information Center' (HLCIC). However, in another area of the HLCIC, they were referred to as "Harbour Lights Collectors Forums".

In order to maintain the Forums as an open communication tool for and by collectors, the Forums were left at the www.LighthouseKeepers.com site and were not part of the former HLCIC that becamse www.HarbourLights.com.

This independence has not always been clear, judging from the emails I get from HarbourLights.com visitors and that Harbour Lights received from collectors and a few dealers who wondered why criticisms of the products were permitted in the 'Collector Forums.'

For that reason, I've simply moved and paraphrased the disclaimer that appeared at the bottom of each page and placed it at the top of the page. At the same time, I picked another photo for the 'Collector Forums' masthead. The name was changed in August, 1998.

Certainly with hundreds of readers of the forums, not everyone is going to be in agreement with everything that's posted. That doesn't make the one who disagrees a 'wienie.'

"Lighthouse Harbour" has a nice ring to it. Let's hear from others who agree -- or from any wienies who disagree.

To research this question, I dug through some files of the early days. These were print outs of the forums. The oldest one was dated 5/25/98 and had 9 forums with a total of 155 Messages. (Today there are 21,904 messages in 29 forums.)

Among those who've been guiding the Forums since Day One have been Paul, Fred, Sean, Rod, and Tim. Thanks guys... And thanks to you all for contributing, commenting, and reading the Collector Forums.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 12-19-99).]