Hi, pesky contrarian again.

I can see the 'same money for less lighthouse' logic, but I'm not sure I agree.

If I fire up the 'way back machine', one of the early lines of collectible lighthouses was by Cheryl Spencer-Collins. The lines claim to fame was that each sculpture was in scale to the others. In other words, the tallest real lighthouse was the tallest CSC replica.

I liked that idea and wished that HLs had done the same thing. It isn't the per replica size of HLs that I watch, it is the relative size of representations of similar lights.

For instance. New Canal, LA is a nice sized, early in the line sculpture. Then there is St. Joesph Pt., FL. The two real lights are similar in architecture. A square building with the lantern room in the center. The HLs replica's are similar in rendition, the building and not much more. Yet the actual mass and footprint of the St. Joseph Pt HL is substantially more than that of the New Canal HL.

There are other examples of this sort of thing in the FL and NJ lights. And I expect that there is little to be done about it at this stage of HLs life. But overall, given the issues with numbers of pieces in general, I'll take smaller (to a point, I don't want my collection to be all LLOMs), so I can display more in the available space.

Rick