As a new collector of Harbour Lights (since November of last year) my concern for the Company is not the economy in general, nor the number of new releases each year, tho I believe all would benefit by fewer. Before I state what I believe will be the most damaging factor of all to KEEPING new collectors, let me mention one thing MOST collectors have in common: they see a collectible (theme) and buy it; then they want to go back and get the rest of the ones they saw in that store (or SITE); THEN they want ALL the pieces that company EVER MADE! So far, so good. Ebay makes it possible to do that, but it may not be long before comparisons become inevitable. Comparisons between the old and the new. Though it seems to be a subject no one wants to talk about, it is hard to believe that I am the only one who feels the new releases suffer drastically when one tries to display them in the same room as the pieces from years past. I know the small size has been defended as an economic necessity so the price won't become astronomical. But has anyone else tried to display the newest lens anywhere near the rest of the lenses? Am I the only one using my Fastnet Lens as a toilet paper dispenser? It isn't just small. It APPEARS chintzy! And, oh by the way, it is one of the more expensive lenses yet. I, for one, never suggested that they keep the PRICE down, but if they don't keep the QUALITY up, they will lose ONE new collector, anyway. I LOVE LIGHTHOUSES, and I contribute to the restoration, care and maintainance of several of them. I think the Harbour Lights replicas are stunning in their beauty and detail, but I worry that the LEs will be indistinguishable (in all but price) from the Little Lights soon, and therefore hard to tell from some of the Lefton miniatures I bought many years ago. They already are the size of the GLOWs. If fewer releases came out each year, an increase in price would not hurt new collectors or old, and they could make them the size they used to be. It was the size and quality of the pieces in the catalogue that hooked me, not the price. Don't charge MORE for LESS. Offer FEWER PIECES for MORE money if that is what must be done. Surely there are 1,200 lighthouse lover-collectors left in these United States who can buy a better replica for a little more money, and the issue size could go back up because people would have more time to buy fewer lights. Many others have already suggested fewer releases, and maybe no one there is listening. I truly hope they listen soon, because I love the product, tho it may not seem like it, I do. I have bought all the available 2010 pieces except the Narcissus (from my dealer) and will buy the rest, in the hopes that NEXT year, or the year after, I'll be able to say, "Oh, THAT was the year they made them tiny!"

Angels Gate