Rich,

It's not a new subject- interest in purchasing more HL Lighthouses has decreased exponetially over the past 5 years or so with it ramping up in the past 2 years due to the general economy and the personal economies of the individuals involved.

This place has never been ONLY a place to discuss HL creations. It's ALWAYS been a social forum as well. The pendelum swings and things change- although for a number of reasons this Forum will never swing back to being more about the HL creations than about other lighthouse related subjects as well as some that have no direct connection to HL or lighthouses at all.

HL collecting is a mature passion. It's hard to keep things at a high level forever - especially as the number of items to collect starts to overwhelm the space and or money to do so.

In addition the longer an item has been a collectible the more daunting it is for a "newbie" to jump in and replace the older collectors that have slowed down or stopped collecting.

This all has the effect of changing the complexion of these Forums to land more on the social side (which as I mentioned has always been a big part of them).

Boring - at times, sure. Is it happening a bit more - yep. Is it going to change because you don't like it- ain't gonna happen.

Like it or not things like the 2011 Reunion Alaskan Cruise have always been something that excited the collectors and is definitely HL Lighthouses related. Is it related to REAL lighthouses- as much as possible. Is it a SOCIAL experience- you bet it is.

I understand that part of the reason that the discussion of the Cruise does not interest or excite you is that you personally don't care to participate in the event. I myself would love to go on the cruise- Alaska is on my bucket list - but other committments and timing make it not doable for me.

I intend to continue to monitor the plans for the event what happens on the event and the trips people take to and from the event. This type of activity ahs always been a large portion of these forums. There are many people who cannot make the trips themselves so they look forward to the reports and photos other make for them.

Bottom line- I don't think the forums are boring but you are entitled to your opinion. I hope you don't take this last part the wrong way but I don't see things changing drastically from what they are right now so you have to make a choice that suits you- stay here and continue to be bored by what you see or move on and find someplace that excites you.

Dennis